Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have an old Aiwa compact disc recorder Model XC-RW700...It

Customer Question

I have an old Aiwa compact disc recorder Model XC-RW700...It used to record great but lately, all the new disc's like Memorex and etc. says No Audio....why is that? I used Maxell Music only discs till now...what is the difference? and ....where can I buy blank CDR that I can record on?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Is the issue that you record something and when you try to play back it says no audio?Or that it gives an error when trying to record in the first place?\Can you take a look at the back of the disc for me for one you've recorded recently, and compare the appearance to an older recording? You can usually see the recorded portion is much darker, while the empty space is more shiny. Do you see those dark bands on the newer discs you've tried to record?