Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I lost the screw in cap that holds my fuse in place on my Altec…

Customer Question
I lost the screw in...
I lost the screw in cap that holds my fuse in place on my Altec Lansing PC subwoofer. Any ideas? Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
the size fuse is 239 1amp 250 Volt
7/4/2015
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, are you able to use and do you have access to a soldering iron?
Louie, I do know how to solder and have iron. What should I do?
Hi again, Please click HERE. Select a panel mounted fuse holder the closely resembles the existing fuseholder of the subwoofer. Once onhand, see if it would fit.Even if it does not, then replace the whole fuse holder assembly.
Thanks. I have ordered one that is 15 amps even though my fuse is 1 amp. No 1 amp holders available. What was the soldering iron reference? Barry
The fuse inside can be replaced with a 1A version. In case the cap would not fit, then replacing the whole assembly would require that the 2 wires be soldered to the new fuseholder terminals.