How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Louie Your Own Question
Louie, Technician
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Satisfied Customers: 12680
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
Type Your Home Theater-Stereo Question Here...
Louie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost the screw in cap that holds my fuse in place on my Altec

Customer Question

I lost the screw in cap that holds my fuse in place on my Altec Lansing PC subwoofer. Any ideas? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the size fuse is 239 1amp 250 Volt
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, are you able to use and do you have access to a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Louie, I do know how to solder and have iron. What should I do?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Please click HERE. Select a panel mounted fuse holder the closely resembles the existing fuseholder of the subwoofer. Once onhand, see if it would fit.Even if it does not, then replace the whole fuse holder assembly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I have ordered one that is 15 amps even though my fuse is 1 amp. No 1 amp holders available. What was the soldering iron reference? Barry
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
The fuse inside can be replaced with a 1A version. In case the cap would not fit, then replacing the whole assembly would require that the 2 wires be soldered to the new fuseholder terminals.