Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I cant seem to pair my rear speakers. I have A sony BDV-N

Customer Question
I cant seem to pair...
I cant seem to pair my rear speakers. I have A sony BDV-N790W
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
7/3/2015
Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry to hear about the problem you are having
It is possible this is an issue with the speakers themselves, but is most often indicative of either a failure of the radio transmitter in the main unit (theater system), or a failure of the receiver and/or amplifier in the rear channel unit (the box the rear speakers connect to)
This is actually something we see quite frequently, as these have a fairly high failure rate unfortunately.
Typically the only solution is to replace the receiver unit/rear amp.
You can help to isolate the issue and make sure the speakers themselves aren't the failure point, by hooking the rear speakers up to the front channel connections. If they work there, then the speakers themselves are fine, and the receiver is the most likely failure.
If the receiver appears to "link" to the main unit, then it's likely a failure of the amplifier in the rear channel receiver. If it won't link, then it could be a failure of the transmitter or the receiver.
Do you know the approximate age of the system? It may be covered under the factory warranty still, in which case sony would take care of the issue for you. If it is past the warranty, you can sometimes find a replacement receiver on ebay to get the system going again.
Do the test though and let me know the results please.
Richard, Customer Service