Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Russound ST2 Smart Tuner, there is no display on…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Russound...
Hi I have a Russound ST2 Smart Tuner, there is no display on the front.
The power light is blinking (dimly) I am receiving no signal
Sirius has assured me that they are sending a strong signal
Can you help me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2015
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Aric, Engineer
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me the following?
1) How long have you owned the Russound for, and when did the issue occur? Was it after a storm or power outage, etc.?
2) This would have nothing to do with Sirius as their signal has no effect o the lack of display. Have you tried disconnecting the unit from power for several minutes and then plugging it back in?
1) 4 or 5 years... There may have been an outage.. Yes
2) I have disconnected for approx. 1 min
Thanks for the reply. I don't do the live phone call service the site my offer, as it's not conducive to this type of problem. I am pulling up info on this system now and will postback very shortly.
This unit uses a 12 vdc external power supply, which is the most likely cause of failure given the symptoms. Do you have a multi-meter we can use to test the end of the barrel connector to see if there is 12 volts present?
Hi Aric
No I do not have a multi-meter
Okay, then we have no way to trouble shoot further as the issue is hardware related- and not something we can fix via any settings or resets. The next logical solution is to purchase and replace the outboard power supply for the Russound tuner which can be located at the link below for $20: http://www.powerpayless.com/12v-ac-adapter-for-russound-st2-tuner-ps-53-0019-power-supply-cord-charger-psu.html?___store=default&gclid=CjwKEAjwwtOsBRDdjZTbvYvTlzcSJADOY0DRaB_-lY__yEaVG01kY8bbGImCCbH2q6W0uu38MCcxqxoCKr_w_wcB
If the issue goes beyond the power supply (internal hardware failure that requires service), then the device would need to either be repaired through Russound, or replaced with a new Tuner. However there's a very good chance the outboard power adapter is the only thing causing the display to remain dark and the power light blinking. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Ok Thanks Aric
You're welcome. As another attempt at a reset, you can try leaving both the AC adapter and the cord that connects it to the tuner disconnected from power for up to an hour and then reconnect and see if it works as a reset. Beyond this you would want to replace the AC adapter as a next step. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.