Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am running a pioneer vsx-01thx. I just replaced my old Atlantic…

Customer Question
I am running a pioneer...
I am running a pioneer vsx-01thx. I just replaced my old Atlantic Technology sub with a RSL speedwoofer10.
I replaced the LFE cable with a new one and got a humm when I powered up through the sub. Checked connections and same thing.
swtched back to old cable and humm is still present. Have I shorted something with a bad cable?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
7/2/2015
Technician: Steve G., Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Steve G., Master Technician
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. I assume that you connected the sub to the Subwoofer RCA connection on the back of the Pioneer? Is your 'LFE' cable an RCA cable?Let me know.
Yes I went from a 3 meter monster sub cable to a 6 meter one.
I just bought a new cable and unplugged everything hoping for a reset. That seems to have done the trick.
Thanks though.
Ok. Very good. If you need further help, please let me know. Steve