Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony MHC-EC619iP home audio system and a 15" kenwood

Customer Question

I have a Sony MHC-EC619iP home audio system and a 15" kenwood subwoofer with a DX 250.1 kicker amp and I was wondering if it was possible for me to connect my sub to my Sony system
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, directly not possible. Would a workaround involving an add-on device be acceptable?
And how would the amp be powered please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there an add on that would make it work? I would be willing to purchase it if so, also it used to be in my car, I never really thought about how I would power it. Is there a way to power it through a wall outlet?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Is there an add on that would make it work?The Sony MHC-EC619iP does not have any provision for a sub out. It only has speaker connectors at the rear. The idea then is to "sample" the output of the speaker, convert it to line level and feed this signal to the DX250.1Please click HERE for the add-on device. Splice the wires (run in parallel) of this device to the speaker wires. Connect through a pair of RCA-to-RCA cable to the subwoofer amplifier INPUT L & R RCA jacks. Is there a way to power it through a wall outlet?A stepdown/power supply is needed to convert the 120VAC to 12~14VDC. Something like the product shown HERE. Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.