Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am getting 4836 error. I can't open the disk drawer. H…

Customer Question
I am getting 4836 error...
I am getting 4836 error. I can't open the disk drawer. Help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
When can I expect an answer? I leave work in about 10 minutes.
6/18/2015
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Look for a small pin-hole near the disk drawer.
Straighten a paper-clip, and push its end into the pin-hole. That should release a catch inside, that allows the drawer to open enough that you can pull it open the rest of the way and remove the disc.
If there is no pin-hole, then try turning the device On (after having it Off for 2 minutes or more) while holding down the Eject button, and keep holding the Eject button for at least 1/2 minute.
Let me know how that goes, please.