Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My pioneer receiver continues to shut down during the mcacc…

Customer Question
my pioneer receiver continues to...
my pioneer receiver continues to shut down during the mcacc test at the point where it moves to the surround speakers
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
6/17/2015
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Aric, Engineer
Hello, Is this the first time setup of the receiver? Also, can you please disconnect the rear speaker wires and swap them with the fronts? As a test, let me know if the receiver passes the test.
No, this is not the first time setup, I have had the receiver for several years. I have reconfigured the room and moved the equipment, thus the need to redo the setup. I did connect another set of speakers to the surround channel with the same result. In digging around I see posts also indicating a test shutdown at the right channel for other Pioneer receivers. I am getting sound from this channel under normal operation, but without being able to complete the test there is no real surround effect.
Okay, instead of connecting another pair of speakers to the rear outputs- you need to connect another set so speaker wires- OR cut, strip, and reconnect the wires currently being used. The MCACC shuts down the receiver when it senses a short.
I have already tried another set of speakers (see previous response) and replaced the entire run of wire to this speaker and have verified no irregularities. If there were a short I would expect the receiver to shut down for all operation, and that at the very least a shorted output would produce no sound from that speaker. Further suggestions?
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only... Initially, have you tried a RESET ? ...user's? ...technician's?