Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My AVR-2800 is not working correctly, i.e. there is sound but

Customer Question

My AVR-2800 is not working correctly, i.e. there is sound but I cannot get some functions to work properly such as the surround sound. I have added two new devices since it was purchased ,a Sony TV and a Sony blue ray DVD player. Could either of these devices require changing the surround sound system? By the way, I am very unsophisticated as to this technology and I live in a small town with few options for help with this problem.
Thank you. ***** Palmer
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me what specific problem you're having, JoAnn? What things are working? How is everything connected currently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I saw that original question, but I'm needing to know what specific things won't work. You say you get sound, but do you mean through the tv speakers, or just through the front denon (left/right) but not the back ones? Does it happen with all sources/inputs (radio, dvd, cable/satellite, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The surround sound does not work. It does not happen with all sources. Sound is going through the TV sound system.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
So what does surround work with, if anything?I need to know how everything is connected, please (which cords go where, which ports, etc)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already said I was not sophisticated. I cannot answer that question. You have not helped me.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I know this is difficult, but I need some of those details to be able to help you.If you don't know what something is called, just describe it as best you can. I've sent a phone support offer for you as well, which would be a much simpler way for you to communicate the info I need.