Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a polk audio 4000 sound-bar & sub-Woofer, I hooked…

Customer Question
I bought a polk audio...
I bought a polk audio 4000 sound-bar & sub-Woofer, I hooked it up by the instructions, I have the speakers turn off on the tv because I have my floor speakers hook up to my stereo and I get my tv sound over my floor speakers and I have a cable box witch is hook up to my tv, I have power to the sound bar, buct there is a blue light on the sound bar (source)
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
6/6/2015
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the stereo and cable. Additionally, please describe how these devices are inter-connected (to the TV) using what kind of cable(s).
the only thing hook to the tv is the cable box, and the sound bar
per the instructions
Optical cable from sound bar to tv
and RED, BLUE, GREEN from cable box to TV
and power cord from sound bar to wall power
If "...only thing hook to the tv is the cable box, and the sound bar...", then how please is "...get my tv sound over my floor speakers..." ?On "...hook to the tv is...the sound bar...", which of the three (3) connection ports of the soundbar?And as inquired above, how is the cable box (model number please?) connected to the TV?
Samsung cable box, then r and optical cable to stereo Receiver , then speaker wire from stereo to speaker
and HDMI cord from stereo to TV
there is only 2 connections from sound bar optical to back of TV, and power to wall plug
on back of sound bar, optical plug, power plug , and 2 other plugs above one of then it says source
on the front of the sound bar the blue light is on under source
Have you considered / tried connecting the cable box also to the soundbar directly aside from the cable box to the TV? ...something like red & white AUDIO OUT jacks of the cable box (if present) to the 3.5mm jack of the Polk Audio SOURCE 2 or 3 using a cable similar to the product shown HERE.
blue, red, green already goes to the TV from cable box
green, blue & red normally would be for component video connections. Above proposal was for the use of red & white specifically for audio. If the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT is correctly connected to the soundbar's SOURCE 1 port, then have you tried selecting 1 as the source of the soundbar?
I try the red white wire to back of TV and single line to sound bar
I there any chance I can call you or you call me
The above was from the cable box's red & white not "...red white wire to back of TV..." Are you able to select SOURCE 1 by touching the soundbar's front/top panel SOURCE key a number of times?
the blue light will go 1 blue, then 2 blue, then 3 blue lights
I think I got it
any thing else
are we done louie
Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.
It would appear then to be just needing selection using the SOURCE button/key.
Glad that the above service information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a rating if so warranted (if haven't done so). Otherwise, please post back should further assistance be needed or a new question for your other electronic concerns.
Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.