Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have Denon AVR-1611 Receiver. This worked normally four

Customer Question
I have Denon AVR-1611 Receiver...
I have Denon AVR-1611 Receiver. This worked normally for last four years. Now I am geting audio but not video/ picture. Recently best buy tech came checked and said I need to replace the receiver. I got another one yesterday and installed it with the same results. I am perplexed. What could be wrong with the set up? I tried to connect directly to Sat. TV and it works. So what is wrong with the receiver set up? Do I need to program something with remote??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/6/2015
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer
Hello, What's the model number off of the back of the TV?
How is the Denon connected (HDMI, component, etc.)?
Have you replaced the cabling to the TV yet?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one is a projector Epson powerlite 8350 and the TV is Samsung make. one another Denon receiver AVR-S519 did not have any problem with HDMI interface to TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can send your response by Email ( **********) I have to go
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago

You can check the e-mail notifications the site sends you and then get back to the question from there.

That being said, you're saying you have a projector, then saying you have a TV. What exactly are you having problems with- a TV or a projector connected to the Denon? This question is also a year old, so I would imagine it hasn't been sorted yet? Provide AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE to help me- to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With both TV and the projector. Originally they were connected to projector. They were not working. So I took them out to check the software with connection to TV but still it says no signal.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, I tried with a SAT connection to one of receiver HDMI ports and the out HDMI to TV and it still says no signal.
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

When you say you replaced the receiver, do you mean you replaced the denon, or you replaced a satellite receiver box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replaced Denon receiver to AVR-510BT

Okay, and so even with the new denon, you get no video through to the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is not working. If I directly connect the projector output to DVD player or Satellite TV, with Sound syste to Receiver, it is working. But the HDMI output to projector does not work

Okay if this is happening with both the old and new receiver, it points to an issue with the hdmi hardware handshake capabilities of the projector.

I just want to be absolutely certain that the new denon has the same problem (can't pass video off to projector.

Did you test the new denon on a different tv too (not just the projector)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did with one of them Denon AVR-1611. It has the same problem. I had anoher Denon from my friend which is also OK

I'm sorry but the info you are providing is a bit unclear.

The 1611 is not outputting video.

But, the 510 is (with both projector or tv), correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No neither one is working with TV or projector . I have a third one Denon 500BT from my friend I got for checking and it works OK with TV

Okay, and were you using the same hdmi cord each time you tested?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is OK I do not think you know he answer. Good bye!

I just want to be sure I have complete and accurate details as several things you've mentioned previously either conflict or are highly unusual. There are many variables here, but if you are not interested in continuing I will opt out.

Louie, Technician