Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I had my sound way to high it appears and the receiver shut

Customer Question

I had my sound way to high it appears and the receiver shut down . And it has a blinking red light around the power switch I can turn it on but it turns itself right back off in 2 seconds. Is there a fuse or ? Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the receiver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a fuse or a breaker that can be reset
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Denon avr-1910
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate the additional information.If it were a fuse/breaker, then the Denon would not even turn on.It would appear that the unit is kicking in auto-protect mode. Have you tried a RESET?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ? As far as plug and in plug etc !
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Sorry; "...plug and in plug etc..." as a RESET?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there another way to reset?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: please click HERE.May have to be done a number of times.This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues. Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.