Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an ADB-2850ST satellite decoder that can record TV-shows…

Customer Question
I have an ADB-2850ST satellite...
I have an ADB-2850ST satellite decoder that can record TV-shows to an USB-connected harddrive.
Is there any way i can copy the recorded shows to my PC? Just knowing what filesystem is used would be great help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
6/2/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Customer Service replied 3 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Any USB device should be formatted to FAT on some models it may use exFAT instead.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
My usb drive works, my PC works, i know how to work usb-drives, the usbdrive works when connected to the ADB 2850ST i can record and watch TV-shows using the ADB 2850ST, the question here is what kind of secretsauce ADB puts on the drive that make it show up as an empty drive when i connect it to me PC after recording lots and lots of TV-shows.... ??
.
Are you sure it is recording to the USB and not the internal drive?
.
There is no internal drive.
.
Is this the correct model?
http://i-can.tv/images/stories/pdffiles/2850st_en.pdf
Does your computer show any space used even if it does not show the files?
.
Correct model number, userguide seems older. I paid about 12 eurocents for the box from Canal Digital Norway in 2014 so it does not come with an internal drive. It shows all the space as RAW. They are calling it HD-2850-ST. On the left: https://parabolkampanje.canaldigital.no/hyttetilbud-2015?step=2
.
The RAW format is why you are not seeing it on the computer. That is not a normal video format. They are also usually images not video. This is not something you will be able to do easily see here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/?topic=5654.0
This program however claims to be able to convert them:
http://www.boilsoft.com/mp4converter/mp4converter.html
.
Correction on the model number: its TNR-2850ST still very much the same box.
This is the most interresting stuff i have been able to dig up:
http://duff.dk/adb2850/
https://glennlunder.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/set-top-box-adventures/
A user in this post claims they are encrypting all recordings so I guess its like owning a VCR with the tape glued stuck in there even tho i can disconnect the USB-Drive, it just becomes useless the second you do it.
https://www.flashback.org/t1996150I think its best to leave this one dead. Anyway thanks a lot for quick and helpful followups.
.
Unfortunately yes that is exactly why the RAW format is being used to prevent piracy. Just like the tabs which you would need to break off. On this the only thing I was able to find at all was the program that claimed to be able to convert them but I don't really see how so I would not pay for it, if it has a trial I would test that. I sincerely ***** ***** could ave given you better news. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your ADB.
.