Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Denon dra-545r-345r stereo receiver and speakers.

Customer Question

I have a Denon dra-545r-345r stereo receiver and speakers. about 23 years old. my question is, what are the correct cords to connect the speakers to the receiver terminal? Is this something I can buy at a hardware store?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. As far as speaker wires- there are no special wires that need to be purchased- this receiver accepts "bare-wire" connections by unscrewing the red and black binding posts and then inserting the bare ends of wire underneath the post and tightening them down. If you're looking to use the banana plug option, then you simply tighten the binding posts down, and insert the banana plugs into the holes on the outside of the speaker connectors. These would not be available at a hardware store, but would be available at Radio Shack or Best Buy. An example of a banana plug is at the link below- the bare end of wire inserts into the banana plug and then you tighten a set screw to hold the wire in place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_connector If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?