Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Logitech Harmony Remote and a Mediacom Cable Remote

Customer Question

I have a Logitech Harmony Remote and a Mediacom Cable Remote to operate a Denon AVR-3805 Receiver and Samsung 55 in. Smart TV. All was working well until Mediacom cable guy installed a fiber optic input cable for my set up that includes a Tivo cable box. When I turn on Remotes to turn receiver on and tv on, the receiver shows " TV DTS Neo:6 Cinema.... No sound comes out of my surround sound speakers. I have to turn the function knob on receiver 1 notch counterclockwise to " VDP 5 Channel Stereo" and then surround sound speakers turn on with volume and plays TV perfectly. When I turn off Reciever and TV and restart again using my remotes to turn on receiver and TV, the receiver defaults back to "TV DTS Neo: 6 Cinema" with no sound. I have to get off couch and manually turn the Function knob on receiver 1 notch to left to get it to display " VDP 5 Channel Stereo" and then surround sound speakers turn on. Any idea how to make the receiver "default" to the last setting VDP 5 ?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.
I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.
Who originally programmed your Harmony remote?