Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have an old Kenwood component stereo and lost the installation

Customer Question

I have an old Kenwood component stereo and lost the installation diagram. Do you know how to connect all the various components?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
What is the full model number of the system, or preferably of each component, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tuner KT-58, Amp KC-208, Cassette Deck KX-78CW, Power Amp KM-208 and CD player DP-M98
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Normally with this setup everything is routed through the KC208, which is the control amp.So you'll use red/white rca cables from the back (l/r out) of the tuner, deck, and cd player. Each of those will go to the corresponding inputs on back of the kc208 (tuner, cd, and tape 1 play).Then you''ll do another set from the kc208 OUT to the INput of the km208 amp.Set the speakers to on (a/b switch) on the amp, and you should be all set.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Here is a copy of the manual for the amps though, which will show you the ports I'm referring to:
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,