Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

All I get is a "Denon" image on my screen when I turn the system

Customer Question
on (3 steps -- Denon...
All I get is a "Denon" image on my screen when I turn the system on (3 steps -- Denon remote, then TV, then cable). How do I restore things?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/19/2015
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I will need you to reply back with the following to figure out what's happened:
1) The full model number of the Denon.
2) How long you have owned it for.
3) The make and model on the front of the cable box, and is it connected to the Denon via HDMI?
I have owned the system for four years. Yes, the cable is connected via HDM1. Where would I find the numbers you need?
The model number of the Denon is on the front of the receiver. Same with the cable box. Example for Denon: AVR-2000. Example for Cable Box: Explorer 8100.
Denon: AVR 3311C1
Cable Box: RNG 150
Thank you for the reply. Now please first start by shutting the Denon off, and then unplugging it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Do the same to the cable box, except also disconnect, and reconnect it's HDMI cable to the Denon- on each end (one at a time) and make sure the cable is secure. Plug the cable box back in, and once its rebooted turn on the Denon and select the Cbl/SAT Source. Let me know what happens please.
Okay, I did that. Now I get a "no signal" message on the screen.
Okay make sure the TV is set to the correct "Input" or "Source". So, in other words if the Denon is plugged into HDMI 1 on the TV, then make sure the TV is set to HDMI 1.
Make sure the Denon is turned on, and the HDMI cable didn't pull loose as well.
Everything appears to be on, and the cables are in place.
But is the TV set to the correct HDMI source please?
Yes.
Then right now the Denon is the culprit since it's not sending a video signal to the TV. Please pull the Denon's HDMI out to the TV out of the Denon and instead plug it directly into the cable box (remove the cable box HDMI cable first). Does the cable image show up on the TV?
We've never had to do this before and I'm reluctant to do so. Why don't we do this -- I'll be speaking to my significant other soon. She uses this system way more often than I do, and may be able to review her troubleshooting steps. If not, I'll get back to you.In other words, if I start messing around with things I don't understand, the downside outweighs the upside. :(
Okay it's your call.
It's not really complicated as I am giving you specific instructions, but if you feel more comfortable going that route, then no problem.
No doubt you're right, and I agree -- the specificity of the instructions lessens the risk. But I'll take the comfortable route and check in later if need be. Many thanks for your help.
Okay that sounds good- and you're very welcome. If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Aric, Engineer