Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My bose mini link is cutting out at odd times, why is that

Customer Question
?...
my bose mini link is cutting out at odd times, why is that ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
5/18/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does this happen with any other source (phone/ipod/computer)? Does it seem to happen only on the bluetooth connection? If you plug a device in directly to the aux/minijack port, does it play consistently that way?
no just with the blue tooth connection
That usually indicates a hardware problem with the bose, meaning a bad bluetooth transceiver inside. Have you tested any other BT connections besides the tablet?
no that's the only one I have
Okay well it is difficult to say with any certainty without testing another device.Have you ever updated the firmware on the speaker?What tablet are you using?
when are we done ! i'm tired of waiting!
I asked you some follow up questions, I need to know more information to be able to help you.If you haven't ever updated the bose, that is the next step here, which I'm happy to guide you through, but I need to hear back from you to do so.
what do you mean by updating the bose? it's the first time I've heard of this.
That is why I asked. The bose is capable of having its internal firmware (operating system) updated, to keep pace with newer devices made after the bose was manufactured.That update process will be the next step here, as a potential fix.Go here: http://bit.ly/1EXRweN for the update file and instructions. If this process still doesn't help, it would indicate either an incompatibility with your particular tablet, or a hardware issue with the bose. In either case, the next option would be using the wired minijack/aux connection rather than bluetooth.Nathan
do not charge my bank card for this ! totally not satisfied and it's been going on all day! what a waste!
Please understand, I'm trying to help you. I've given you specific instructions to follow, and I've been available to you all day. If you get stuck or have questions, I'm here for you, but you need to communicate with me. I don't have a magic wand. I can only tell you what to do, and depend on you to follow the instructions I give.Per the terms of the site, you've already paid the full amount to correspond with an expert (me) so it is in your best interest to follow through and complete the update as I directed. If your'e having trouble, you can simply reply back and tell me where you're getting stuck so that I can help you.
Nathan, Engineer