Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Panasonic blu ray says internal error occurred when trying

Customer Question

My Panasonic blu ray says internal error occurred when trying to connect to the wi
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What's the model number of the Panasonic player?
Also, how long have you owned it for and when did the issue occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DMP-BDT210 I've owned it for about 4 years. The problem just happened last night, but my laptop connects to the Wi-Fi fine.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** read your posted question. Did you reset the Panasonic to factory defaults and also reboot your Wi Fi?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't reboot the Wi-Fi but I did re-enter the home network name and encryption code. The Panasonic doesn't seem to be able to find the network.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Make sure you first reboot the Wi Fi- this is important so that it assigns a new IP address to the player. Each time the router is rebooted it assigns IP's to all devices on the network. The other devices connecting are not relevant to the Panasonic. If that does not work, then reset the Panasonic to factory defaults following the steps on page 34 in the manual below: http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMPBDT210-MUL.PDF Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I rebooted the Wi-Fi (just powered off and on). It still says internal error. When I try to enter the network settings and select Wi-Fi, it cannot find any home network. Do you think there is a problem with the network card on the Panasonic?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Yes I'm here- was working with another customer as well.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
There's no network card in the Panasonic- it's part of the Mainboard which essentially requires the entire PCB in the unit be replaced. Now can you please try an Ethernet cable to the player from the router and see if you have the same problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, the router is upstairs. Thanks, ***** *****'ll call a qualified technician in town.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, if the Panasonic does not connect still after hard-wiring it, then this isn't something that can be corrected with a local tech- you're only going to end up being out 2X's the cost of the player to have him tell you that it's faulty. The unit can be replaced for around $70 and is what the next step would be if it fails to connect beyond this. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?