Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My out door speakers on zone 2 when connected get the message

Customer Question

my out door speakers on zone 2 when connected get the message volume fix and then shuts off
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned the Yamaha for and when did the problem occur?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
In other words is this the first time setup of the Yamaha, or was it working fine and then you suddenly got this message?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has been off for some time we have not had the time to fix
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. First disconnect the receiver from power for 10 seconds then plug it back in.Please reset the Yamaha to factory settings.With the unit in standby, press and hold "Straight" (Effect), while pressing "Standby". Advanced Setup appears on the front display. Rotate the program knob until "reset" shows on the display, then press "Straight" (Effect), to select "Reset". Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no reset shows
sp imp-40min
preset-cancel
remote ID1
these are the only things that show
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Select Preset. The use Straight Effect button to select "Reset".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
now it says reset
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Press Standby/ Power to confirm the selection.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
This puts the unit back to factory settings and clears any processor issues that may have been causing the issue before. Attempt to use the receiver or run through setup, and then let me know if the symptoms are the same.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
zone 2 volume fix still c comes up
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, does the receiver shut itself off still?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the outdoor speakers won't come on
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay hang tight. What happens when you try to adjust the volume?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the indoor ones are great ,the volume on the zone 2 when touched up or down goes to fix
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, looking for more info here....be right back.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I found a solution, but it's pretty in depth so I'm just going to post the link to Yamaha's page where it's all outlined: http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v665_black__u/1157/4106/ Please try those steps and if they solve the problem don't forget to rate my service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is rx-v757
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Understood. Menu's should be almost- if not- identical.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
menu does not come up . I have to stop having 30 people over this evening . maybe pick up tomorrow
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
There's general setup instructions for Zone 2 here as well, when you're able (specifically for your model): http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v757_black__u/1163/6053/ You can reply back at any time, and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my help thus far. There's no additional cost for follow ups.