Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a similar issue with HK 1510 and a Phillips 42"

Customer Question

I have a similar issue with HK 1510 and a Phillips 42" LED TV. Except I am getting audio through the HK but no video on the TV.
I have my DirectTV receiver attached to the HK via HDMI and the HK attached to my TV from the HK HDMI out to Phillips HDMI 1 in. And I can't get the onscreen set-up for the HK to look appear on my TV
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Phillips TV is model 42PFL5704D/F7
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. I need to gather some more information from you in order to help. I am assuming that you have teh TV set to HDMI 1. Can you confirm? Please let me know so that we can continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's correct.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I'm going to have to pull the manual real quick. Hold on please.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, regardless of the status of the satellite receiver, you should get the OSD on your TV when you press the OSD/MENU button on the remote. That is not happening?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I'm not getting the HK setup menu.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Can you try another HDMI cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to try upgrading the firmware on the Tv tonight. I've also had the TV unplugged all day. I read nothing about HDMI handshake issues. Everything was working fine when I had all attached directly to the Phillips tv. Then I bought the HK and now all is round to it. That's when I cost my video signal
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
You may also want to reset the HK. HERE is how you do that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do. Ill get back to you after I try these things
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I'll be here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried a different HDMI from the HK to TV. No signal
Upgraded Phillips firmware - no signal
Reset HK- no signal
Un-hooked all HDMI from HK and attached directly to TV. ALL OK picture and sound from all sources.
Attached digital out from TV to HK. No audio through HK. Can't get HK set-up menu on screen
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a second HDMI TV that we can temporarily hook up the HK to?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Just to rule out the HK or the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do but not tonight. To much of a pain. I realized there is no video hook-up from the HK to the TV so I'm connecting video out to see if I can then access the HK sey-up menu.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
So you did not have a cable from the HK to the TV??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hooked up a digital audio cable from the TV to the HK. I'm no longer using any of HDMI conections on the HK. So I hooked up an analog video out from the HK pc /monitor to the TV. Still not able to access the HK setup menu.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
The RCA cable should work. Have you set the input on the TV to the correct RCA input?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I used the side panel video in on the TV just to make sure I selected the correct one
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, and you pressed OSD on the HK remote and then cycled through every input on your TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Then the HK has to be faulty.If you are not getting an OSD on HDMI or RCA, then something is wrong.WHen you press OSD/MENU, does the display on the front of the HK change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it does. But nothing appears on my tv screen.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, it appears that the OSD will not work on the RCA. You have to use HDMI so we are back at trying another TV just to see what is going on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tomorrow bro
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good. I'll be here.