Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

we get a F76 error code on the display when switching on our

Customer Question
SC-BTT755 Home Theater sound system...
we get a F76 error code on the display when switching on our SC-BTT755 Home Theater sound system and it does not seem if the fan is coming on.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2014
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Aric, Engineer
Hello and thank you for the question. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Panasonic.

How long have you had this system for, and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm, or power outage, etc.?

we have had the system for about 3 years and there was no power problem or storm

Thank you for the reply Sue. The F76 is an error code that Panasonic uses to tell a Technician where the fault is within the unit, and in most cases this requires service as F76 is a power supply issue. That is why I asked about the storm.

However, to reset the unit on a user level please follow the steps below and let me know what happens.

Disconnect the system from power, then press and hold the Eject button on the unit itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then press and hold the power button down for 5 seconds, and continue to hold while plugging it back in. Hold the power button for another 5 seconds, or until the unit turns on. If it does not turn on then release, and press power once more. Let me know if there are any changes please.

No, it did not fix the problem. I did what you suggested and it just keeps flashing please wait. when I put a cd/dvd in to play, it says open, close, read and then nothing happens. If I plug my iPod into it, it displays F76 and shuts down

I'm sorry to hear that and unfortunately the F76 message indicates a fault in one of the internal outputs on the power supply which feeds various voltages to different circuit inside the unit. There aren't any settings or resets that will fix this, and the Panasonic will require service. Average cost for this repair (which entails replacing at least one of two capacitors, and in some cases the regulator IC), is between $150-$200 parts and labor. I wish I had better news on the system, and a quick fix. If you're looking to repair this yourself, or need further assistance simply reply back and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Aric, Engineer