Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Pioneer Elite VSX-53 keeps giving me "Server Error" messa…

My Pioneer Elite VSX-53 keeps...
My Pioneer Elite VSX-53 keeps giving me "Server Error" message when I try and connect to Pandora. It was working fine a week ago.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2012
Nathan, Engineer

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer/pearl, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat, and I’ll receive a portion of your deposit for my efforts. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question, and remember you are rating me personally, not the site, or the product you are asking about. If you still feel the need for a negative rating, please withhold your rating and let me know so I may either request a refund for you or find you another expert to work with.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

This is actually a known issue, affecting many receivers, not just pioneer, even.

p0llinate :

This is nothing wrong with your equipment or internet connection.

p0llinate :

Pandora recently made some changes to their server environment, and the connection/encryption requirements for using their services.

p0llinate :

Pioneer is aware of the issue, and working on a firmware update.

p0llinate :

At this point, however, an update has not been made available, and they haven't commented on when it will be relesed.

p0llinate :

Because it is affecting so many people, I would expect it to be soon, within the next few weeks most likely.

p0llinate :

In the meantime, other than just waiting for a software update to fix this, your best option will be using another device to stream pandora, such as an ipod/iphone, appletv, roku, googletv, boxeebox, smart bluray/tv, etc.

Customer:

AppleTV (at least as far as I can tell) won't stream Pandora

Customer:

I was thinking of getting Roku

p0llinate :

Appletv won't stream it directly, there isn't an "app" for it, but if you have an ios device (ipod/iphone/ipad/etc) you can stream it via airplay through the appletv.

p0llinate :

Though you could do the same through the receiver.

Customer:

Oh that is true. I did not think of that. Thank you for your assistance. I will be more than happy to leave Excellent Service rateing.

p0llinate :

Roku will support pandora though, as well as many other internet radio stations, and the usual netflix, etc

p0llinate :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the ratings temporarily disabled, you may do so now.

Customer:

I was tempted to get that

p0llinate :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good night.

Customer:

but I did not get Roku because everything else in the hosue is Apple

Customer:

and was happy to have Pandora via the receiver

p0llinate :

That makes sense.

Customer:

Thanks for you help.

Nathan, Engineer