Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

How to I connect my Pioneer x-smc1-k/-s/-w to my Philips tv?I

How to I connect my Pioneer x-smc1-k/-s/-w to my Philips tv?
I tried the yellow Video In socket and this didnt work. The HDMI only gives sound when I play a DVD. Any suggestions?
Hello, my name is Rusty. I can help you. What is the model number of your Philips TV?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's model no is 40PFL5605 H/12
Ok, here's how this works. The yellow output only works with 480p, which is not HD.

If you connect something to your receiver, it can only upconvert. Here's in simple terms:

Yellow input= yellow output, component output, HDMI output.
Component input=component output, HDMI output
HDMI input=HDMI output

In order to watch something that is connected with an HDMI cable to your receiver, you must use the HDMI output of your receiver to your TV. This is the best way to connect your equipment. Anything you plug into your receiver will now go to your TV in full HD.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So to hear the TV coming out of the Pioneer?
I may have confused those last instructions. Plug the HDMI out of your sound system into your TV into HDMI 1. On your TV, press the INPUT button repeatedly until HDMI 1 is selected. You should be able to watch and hear a DVD.

To get your cable/sat working, use the screw in coax from the output of your cable/sat box to the screw in connection on your sound system. Now your TV programming will come through the sound system, and also your TV.

Let me know if you see any progress.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no screw connection in the sound system
I'm looking at your system, and I see a power, a yellow output, an HDMI out, and an antenna input that looks like the cable that comes from your cable TV wall plate in your house. Is yours different?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it's identical.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The antenna is for a radio
I see that now, and you are 100% correct. The only other input is a 3.5mm input jack. It's identical to the headphone jack, only it's an output. You will need a 3.5mm male to RCA male (red/white).

Run the video cable from your TV box to your TV.
Run the red/white audio output, to the 3.5mm input on your speaker system. Use the cable I mentioned above to make that connection.

I'm sorry about the confusion. This week I've been bombarded with unique equipment that isn't very popular, and quite frankly, doesn't make much sense. However if all you're using it for is iPod, DVD and TV, that is the only configuration to make it work. Let me know if you have any questions. I had to search hard for information on that unit, and found the 3.5mm input.