Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Onkyo av receiver, TX-NR609 I attempted to update…

Customer Question
I have an Onkyo av...
I have an Onkyo av receiver, TX-NR609 I attempted to update my firmware and after sometime an error code came up 3-89. It was stuck so I turned the power off then back on and now on its display it says HDMI start up and on my tv screen it has the ONKYO SYmbol. It is stuck. I tried reseting the receiver by holding down VCR/DVR and pressing power. Still stuck. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/25/2012
Technician: ricke1973, in home tech replied 5 years ago
ricke1973
ricke1973, in home tech

Hello [Sir], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question!, I will be happy to help you with this problem, this is common with these types of receivers.

How are you attempting the latest firmware version onto this receiver-
ethernet or USB; The latest firmware version must be done via USB using a USB
flash drive, if you are still having this issue with thie receiver, (instead of
resetting) please power cycle the receiver by unplugging from the
power source for 3-5 minutes and repowering and retrying the F/W update. If you
are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact Product Support Dept; the phone number and hours
of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day:(NNN) NNN-NNNN option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT).

Well I unplugged the receiver and went for a walk, about 45 minutes. I plugged he receiver back in and it is still stuck, no change. Guess I'm not very satisfied unless you have another suggestion?

Did you load this firmware using a USB

no I tried with ethernet cable

Are you still there?

I did just send you more information did you receive it; i think the site isn't delivering messages correctly

I don't think I did. The last message I have from you is asking me if I loaded the firmware using USB. I did not.

Yes that is correct; i believe i will opt out of your question; the answer was given and your not satisfied with what the manufacturer says; So Sir another tech may pick this up and may have more information for you; Good luck Sir; But i would appreciate it when you do contact them as they suggest let me know if you made out ok.

will someone else contact me?

It is back on the open list; if a tech feels my answer was incorrect or not enough information they will respond; if my answer/suggestion is on point and up to date there will be no need for them to respond or to tell you that i was correct.

how long can i expect to wait? not sure what solution you gave me?

Well dont reply back to me so they can see the question; and i also will look in the manual maybe the processor can be reset
Try this unplug again for 5-10min then when you plug in just try the factory reset; this is my last response
Relist: Incomplete answer.
you didn't have to rate me Sir; i opted out and allowed another tech to help you

no one else helped me

It can be tomorrow possibly; or later this evening; but every time you reply to me they dont see the open question' i have explained this; and rating me was not necessary when i stated some one else may reply and i also said they may not reply; because my answer is what the manufacturer states and they dont have anything else to give you.