Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

why does my HT soundbar increase volume to max automatically

Customer Question
why does my

Samsung HT-X810

increase volume...
why does my

Samsung HT-X810

increase volume to max automatically at times?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/8/2012
Technician: Michelle-Mod, Moderator replied 6 years ago
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Hello Michelle,

Yes, I'm still waiting for an answer.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
I'd like to continue searching for an expert, if there is one here....
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 6 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Well, since you hit it a few times, and it didn't work, let's try to go into your audio setup menu. Hit the SOUND EDIT button and see if there's a setting for power up volume. If it's not there, go through your menus.

Some Samsung models have this feature so you can turn it on and it is the same volume every time. Your manual is unclear as to how to use this feature, so you'll have to dig for it.

While you're in the menu, try turning off the Anynet+ feature in both the television and the DVD player (In the setup Menu). This will keep everything from turning on and automatically switching, but it will disable the one-button functionality that changes inputs.
My soundbar is always at 20 when I turn it on, I've never set it. Also, the menu on this unit is limited, it does have audio and settings section, but nothing in regards XXXXX XXXXX settings or adjustment. On the remote, however, there is a smart volume button, which has been on off mode, but the problem is still apparent.

I have turned off the Anynet+ feature.

I have reset the unit.

At random times, it will increase the volume one unit at a time until maxed out at 50, and even when it hits 50 it will try and keep going because you hear a beep.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have tried them all.
Ok, last try, the setting says "Initial Volume" on other receivers. Did you see anything like that?
I wish I did Rusty, there is no initial volume setting...
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Does it also happen with the remote temporarily relocated to another room?

Initially, it would appear that the front panel's VOLUME + is acting on its own or more specifically, the contacts underneath the button are false triggering.

Consider a possible workaround (albeit temporary); try tapping on the front panel's VOLUME + button. The idea is to jar/dislodged the TACT switch underneath the button.

Should that be not corrective, then unfortunately, no quick/easy fix and neither is there a workaround. The unit would have to be opened up for visual inspection, voltage measurements, confirm fault and effect repairs.

Offhand and after a review of the repair/Service Manual, primary suspect would be the Function board housing the TACT switches. It is designated as K170 with P/N AH64-04563B and may be inquired HERE.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? Do you have access to, familiar with and comfortable in the use of a multimeter and perhaps even a soldering iron/hot-air station?

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should you need additional information.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Greetings,

I do apologize for the late reply. I have tried to take off the outter housing of this soundbar, I have taken all the screws off the back, yet, the front still remains firm - I feel like I'm going to crack the case if I pull any harder, is there a trick to this?
To my recollection, other than the 17 screws, the halves have snap locks hence must be carefully pried apart.

graphic
based on the diagram, would it be possible to take off the small piece of plastic where the contacts are located? Does ir just pop off? Or would I have take off all the screws to get to it? Maybe if I can pop it off I could clean it with some contact cleaner.
To be able to access the PCB (printed circuit board) where the keys (actual switches) are, the rear cover has to be removed and most of the components dis-assembled to gain access to.

Perhaps the disassembly & reassembly pages of the Service Manual could provide additional insights. Would an electronic copy be acceptable?
Louie, Technician
I have a good idea of what needs to be done, thanks for your assistance in this matter, you are definitely a profession in all aspects.
Louie, Technician