Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I am an independent servicer ,

Customer Question

Hi I am an independent servicer for electronics, including tvs, hometheaters, camcorders, stereo units etc etc. I am working on this Nakamichi Receiver 1. The problem with this unit is: It powers up, LCD display is on, few seconds later the speaker relay turns on the amp section.So it is up for running but unfortunately I cannot select any input. i.e: the display shows the FM lowest frequescy station which is 87.00 with an blank amp sound (hissing coming from the speakers). If you try to select a different station or scan different channels it wont change or move. It got stucked on blank FM station, showing 87.0. I tried to select say, Video 1, Video 2, Phono, Tape 1 or Tape 2, or CD, it will not select those which it means the micro processor got stuck on Tuner selection with a blank station showing in display . This selection or manual pushing is the same with using the remote. In short, front displays ok, but NO Input selection at all. Volume up and down works. Is there a reset procedure for this model? Or is there a way to fix this with changing the micro IC? May there is a missing voltage regulator to the front or micro. Your earliest reply is greatly appreciated. Many Thanks ***** (Owner)
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

I have not yet received an answer. I sent you an email yesterday, Dec 29,11 but just in case I am forwarding this request again. As I said before, I have posted the question on Dec 28, 11 but no one responded yet. Can someone answer my question as soon as possible. Yours Akin XXXX (Owner of XXXX XXXX)

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Expert. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.