Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I received a new home security system (old was aDT and new…

Customer Question
I received a new...

I received a new home security system (old was aDT and new is xfinity). I would like to connect exiting in wall switch with new system. I cannot get the blue light to blink to show it’s ready to be paired with new system

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
5/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help. Thank you

Xfinity should setup their own system -- Is there a reason they did not set it up?

The technician said he had never set it up before and when he called his supervisor he said the same thing. I tried using the online directions but I couldn’t get the blue LED light to flash blue. It only showed a solid blue light.

Unfortunately, if Xfinity stated they cannot use the existing wall switch then I will not be able to assist you.

I will have to opt out and send the question back to the expert pool