Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Tried to enter new user but i must have hit the wronge

Customer Question
Tried to enter new...

Tried to enter new user but i must have hit the wronge buttons now code 09 check light is on and no ready light

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

No dvr just alarm system

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

No dvr

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

My system now flashes 05, 06, 09

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do

What is the make/model of the system?

I believe it is a 6148 Honeywell

Which company services your alarm system?

I do not have a company that services it

The error code 09 is an issue with the wireless receiver or keyswitch.

This code popped up when I try to enter in a new user. I'm sure I push a wrong button the system was working fine prior. It seems like this code comes up a lot as I do a search on the internet. What should I check

Will you be doing the troubleshooting or should I help you locate a technician in your area?

I will be doing it