Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Envoy Power Series Security System. No codes (builder gave…

Customer Question
Envoy Power Series Security...

Envoy Power Series Security System. No codes (builder gave me two codes he normally uses-do not work) System was never activated but the battery went out and it triggered alarm so I had to unplug. I can not plug back in so fire alarms work in case of fire. How do I deactivate the code builder used and put in my own code?

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

Not at all, it is not setup with anything

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

Has nothing to do with DVR - System put in when home built and just never used when leaving house

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need to get rid of old code and put my own in.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
DSC ENVOY PC5532Z
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I DO, IF IT CAN NOT BE ANSWERED LET ME KNOW.
Electronics Technician: Edward Hennessey,
 replied 3 months ago
Edward Hennessey

I understand you have a DSC ENVOY PC5532Z security system with 2 issues , first you need an alarm code and second you need batteries. Alarm/fire systems not functioning properly is a serious life safety issue, please call DSC support at 1-***-***-**** and send them an email as well, asap at***@******.***. You need a dealer to program arm/disarm codes specifically for you , check your system and replace your batteries. The dealer will also be able to setup monitoring and tie in emergency system calling (ie fire department, medical and police etc.)

Typically most dealers leave a sticker on the system with their number to call, perhaps your builder knows the dealer as well.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask.My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance,please use the reply box and let me know.