Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

We can not get Arlo to go to Geofencing when we are not

Customer Question
We can not get...

We can not get Arlo to go to Geofencing when we are not home

Technician's Assistant: Is your Arlo connected to anything?

Just the router just the router

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NETGEAR system?

UN plugging all connections ,resetting arlo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

The alarm is no longer on our phones

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
3/25/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Geofencing question.

If multiple devices must participate in the Arlo Geofencing feature, they both must be within these conditions:

- Arlo devices must be online

- geofencing feature must be enabled

- Your wife’s mobile device must be added to your account
(Here's how to add a mobile device to your account:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account/ta-p/40

)

- your wife must be logged in to the Arlo App on her mobile device or smart phone.

- your wife’s mobile device must have the GPS (or, Location) service enabled / turned On.

I think that might be what is preventing it from working properly. See whether all those are true of the situation, and then test whether things work after that.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.