Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have a BOSCH ICP-CC488 in my home and I want to completely…

Customer Question
I have a BOSCH...

I have a BOSCH ICP-CC488 in my home and I want to completely disarm the unit.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't have my 4-digit code.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the User's Guide book but can't follow it for my purpose.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your alarm system question.

Disarming a security system, without the code, is hard to do without damaging things, since you have to use crude methods. Among which are: 1. depriving the system of power, 2. disconnecting its phone line (if it has a phone line.)

Both are usually done with wire cutters and heavy rubber gloves, and with considerable attention to safety issues associated with any work done cutting live power wires! great caution is highly recommended. The most basic is, use only one hand, when cutting any wire. And, cut off power e.g. using circuit breaker switches, before cutting said wires. And, make sure the cut ends of the power wires cannot short out against anything once they are cut!

Now, there is a more elegant (and, safer) solution, perhaps. It would be, if the default engineer code for the system has not been changed. Would you like to try that, instead?