Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have a WD40PURX drive in my NVR that I need to fully erase…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a WD40PURX drive in my NVR that I need to fully erase before returning it to the vendor. The drive works fine; it's the rest of the security system that has issues and those items will also have to be returned. The NVR is an Amcrest NV4108 model. If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your safe or home security system?

Amcrest

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?

If you only knew...I've been "fighting" with this system for literally, almost 1 full year. Right now, the NVR is a company replacement, and the company already replaced one of my cameras.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just need to get this taken care of so everything can get shipped out tomorrow.

3/19/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Could someone please call me ASAP? My number is(###) ###-#### Thank you!
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I do and, the sooner, the better! Thanks!
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Well, can't afford another charge so...we'll have to chat through this. Thanks anyway.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Oh wow! Now I have to reset the NVR! On Sunday, I took everything apart!

Yes

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Harry, you'll have to give me at least 15 minutes to put everything together...the NVR was the problem so, I hope you can guide me through that also, if possible.

I have provided the steps with the image

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Okay...Harry, the NVR is "warming up", so to speak.

OK

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Now, I have the monitor on and there weren't any instructions via the manufacturer's guide to continue. Currently, I see an "Administrator" window. So, from here, I don't know how to get to the "Main Menu".

I am not sure if I understand the issue -- If your device is faulty and cannot be used then the manufacturer understands that it may not be set back to factory settings and they will do it for you when it is fixed.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
This is what happened - my original NVR wouldn't record from one of my multiple cameras so, the manufacturer sent me a replacement NVR (which is this one). Prior to sending my defective NVR back to the manufacturer, the tech support person instructed me to take out my WD40 Purple drive and put it in the replacement NVR, which I did. Now, there might be a problem with the replacement NVR so, I need to send everything back. However, the WD40 Purple drive needs to be fully erased first because it did record from some of my other cameras. Which is why I need help with this right away (unfortunately, I haven't been getting the best support from the manufacturer).

Unfortunately, those are the steps that you need to follow. I am not sure why they did not provide that to you

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have been dealing with this manufacturer and their mediocre products (that's me describing these products very kindly) for almost a year now. My warranty for all of these products expire next week. Rest assured, I'm so not pleased with this situation at all!

Yes, I understand although the steps that I gave you are the steps to clear. If you are not able to reach the options because of their failure then there is nothing that you can do.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Okay, well, thanks for your help with this anyway.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service
Harry, Customer Service