Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have several cameras id 101i and clc110c cameras the all…

Customer Question
I have several cameras...

I have several cameras id 101i and clc110c cameras the all work but the screen is black

Technician's Assistant: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?

I have three cameras working you can see the camera working but the pictures on the screen are black

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

No i had two cameras no 101i and they would not work outside of the office so i bought two more cameras thinking they were bad no 110c and all of the sudden the picture turned black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

I don' think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
2/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

The WiFi connection of the camera(s) may have dropped, or been lost. If this problem has happened with other cameras too, if it happens with all cameras currently working on WiFi, then your router may have a defect that causes it to drop WiFi connected devices' connections.

If the above is not accurate, if the cameras are not all non-working, if the central control module for the cameras has been the same one all this time and if the cameras work through that central control module, then that central control module may be defective.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.