Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Bought a house. Don't know master code for doc power 832.

Customer Question
Bought a house. Don't...

Bought a house. Don't know master code for doc power 832

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your safe or home security system?

Dsc

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?

Read PDF of the owners manual online. Tried to reset master code. But it wants the one that is current and I don't have it so it just beeps at me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
1/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Try the default master code 5010 or 5555.

Let me know if that works?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Neither code worked

Ok, then it has been changed by the installer. If you contact a local installer they should have an idea of who installed it and find out the code for you.

This is not a new system. It is probably at least five or ten years old. I am the fifth owner of a twenty year old home, I have no way to track down who installed it in a city of 800,000 people. Any other suggestions?

I would start with the installer that is closest to the home; if it is not that installer then they may know which installer worked on that particular home.

If it isn't possible to track down the installer in this way then the only other option is to deactivate the system and replace it.