Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

Arming my new Vista 128bpt system using INSTANT my zone for…

Customer Question
Arming my new Vista 128bpt...
Arming my new Vista 128bpt system using INSTANT my zone for the doors, zone two, is temporary disabled for roughly 2 minutes.I can open and close the doors without any alarm going off. After about 2 minutes, if I open any door the alarm goes off. Why do I have to wait 2 minutes for the door zone to become active? I thought Instant meant INSTANT. If I arm the system with STAY the door zone NEVER becomes active. Can you help me with the programming.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is NOT an automotive question. It is a Home Security or Electronics question.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please route this question to the correct area. Justanswer never gave me the option/ability to select my question area.
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do.

Who installed the system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I purchase an installed the system myself. I programmed the system myself.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I meant to say I purchased and installed the system myself.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ademco literature says: STAY: arms perimeter zones only and entry delay is on. INSTANT: same as STAY, except entry delay is off
Electronics Technician: Eric Billings, President replied 1 month ago
Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience: I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.

The literature is correct, entry delay is off. Oddly enough the exit delay is still active, this feature goes back to the days when the product line was manufactured by ADEMCO (before Honeywell bought them). It is an odd quirk, not all brands operate this way but is is common among many brands.

Interesting that you say the zone doesn't activate in the Stay mode, sounds like it is an interior zone, how is the zone programmed?

I hope all went well programming your smoke detectors, sorry I had to leave you hanging last week (my mother is in hospice and my presence was needed). When I got back the next morning it appeared that another tech was able to help you out.

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid for our time), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,

Eric Billings
Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President