Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

The alarm always defaults to “stay”, even though I request…

Customer Question
The alarm always defaults...

The alarm always defaults to “stay”, even though I request “away”....but just as the alarm goes to arm.....it switches to “stay”.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your safe or home security system?

GE

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?

I set the alarm to “away”...and it arms to “stay”. The exits are armed..and sets off the alarm...but the motion sensors...which lite up when I walk thru, do NOT set off the alarm.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I need a new keypad?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Waiting!
Well....I can’t wait anymore tonight. Please submit your remedy to me via email (*****@******.***). The Amex charge was stopped by the card co......but we called and it should go thru....for a total of $30. I will wait to hear from you. Thank you! Z

Which model device are you referring to?