Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I am installing a Vista 128bpt security panel in my new home…

Customer Question
I am installing a Vista...
I am installing a Vista 128bpt security panel in my new home I am building. I have addressed and set up my four 6160 keypads. I have setup/programmed zone 2 for my perimeter doors. I set up additional security codes. I have not changed the default master code of 1234 nor have I changed the installer code of 4140. Here is what I need help with: setting up/programming my 5139SD smoke detectors. I tried connecting them to zone 1 but I found out later that would not work one zone 1. All had a solid red LED. I found instructions but they don’t make sense to me. I need step by step instructions. I am at the panel. I have one 5139 and base with me with a red and black wire from the base ready to connect to the panel when needed. The serial number of this 5139sd is 012085. I want to add this SD to the system on a zone with this as the only SD. Once it is working and understand the steps, I can then add the second one to this sone with your help. After all 5139sd are working , I’ll post another question to help me set up the heat detectors and the glass breaking sensors. Thanks for looking. Bill
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Sorry that This is so difficult.
Answered in 3 days by:
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Eric Billings, President replied 3 months ago
Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience: I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.

The panel you are using is a bit of an overkill for a residence but certainly not a first. The smoke detectors you mention do not exist, I suspect you have 5193SD detectors which get connected to the polling loop (terminals 24 and 25), not zone 1. These smoke detectors have serial numbers and are programmed individually as zones 10-250. Do you have all the installer and programming manuals or do you need me to send them to you?

Regards,

Correct. I have ten 5193SD smoke detectors to install. I have both the installation and programming manuals. I also have the 3 page Vista 128B guide titled "Procedures for Programming Polling Loop Zones."
I fixed the Amex billing issue. Go ahead and run the charge again. Bill

sorry but I have to leave the office for an emergency,

I will check back with you when I get back to see of you still need me, assuming another tech doesn't cal you back

No problem. Thanks. Bill
I figured out.. Your services are no longer required
To-Shay
To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering