Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

My lorex playback view looks weird like it is zoomed in and…

Customer Question
My lorex playback view looks...
My lorex playback view looks weird like it is zoomed in and stretched, what can I do?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
The live view is perfect
The live view is perfect it is the playback view that it is distorted.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, try clicking once on the playback - click-and-drag zooms the playback, clicking again de-zooms it.

Then, check the Aspect Ratio settings - they may be different for playback, and make for the stretched look.

Note: are you viewing Lorex playback on a computer, or on a dedicated monitor? if on a computer, the above-mentioned especially applies, but also, whether or not on a computer, look for a Non-Stretched setting, too, and enable or choose it, as well as perhaps 'Standard', as opposed to 'Stretched'.