Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

My h264 digital recorder records for a while then stops Have…

Customer Question
My h264 digital...

My h264 digital recorder records for a while then stops Have to unplug to reboot several times to get it to work again

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your safe or home security system?

Swann

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?

Put a new hard drive in it thinking that would solve the problem but did not

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Computer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Swans tec support answer is always the same they tell me to switch the power from the screen to the cameras

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
The tec tells me to switch the power from the dvr with power from the camera s
That will work for a day or so
12/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do
For the $26.00 do you have an answer Or suggestions to fix my problem
I did check the voltage is coming in to the DVR I was getting12.2 V
I did replace the hard drive

It sounds like the system is failing.

How old is the setup?

4 to 5 years old

Unfortunately, it is outside of the warranty period.

If your system is failing as suspected then it will need to be looked at locally to determine the extent of the failure and what it would cost to repair.