Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have a GE NetworX Series NX-148E LCD Keypad controlling…

Customer Question
Hi there... I have...

Hi there... I have a GE NetworX Series NX-148E LCD Keypad controlling the system's intrusion zones and smoke detectors. Ten days ago, the keypad notified me that a smoke detector battery had become low. This thing is 10-12 feet up on the ceiling. I am four years overdue for a total hip replacement, so the idea of me climbing a ladder is out of the question. The installation folks were supposed to come out and change the battery, but have not done so yet. At 3:30 am this morning (Sunday), the smoke detector, itself, began chirping every two minutes. I called the installers again and still they are a no-show. Is there anyway I can silence the detector unit from the keypad? I may have to go out to the garage and sleep in my car tonigh! Thanks for reading this short novel! -Don

Technician's Assistant: What GE model do you have?

The keypad is a NetworX Series NX-148E LCD that was installed in 2008...

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?

I have tried simply by-passing the zone number for the smoke detector (which I doubted would work; it did not) and since the red "fire" light was not lit, a reset of the zone was not possible. Those were the only options I could come up with.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. It sounds like a simple problem, but I believe the detectors are designed to prevent what I am trying to do until the installer gets out here and climbs a ten foot ladder! Thank you!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Answered in 1 day by:
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.