Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Have a dvr4/1600 720p connected to a replacement monitor…

Customer Question
Hi / have a...

Hi / have a dvr4/1600 720p connected to a replacement monitor inwich first monitor died and now up and running but now i cant get into main settings user name and pass word forgotten /can you please help and advise me in how to reset

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

Dvr to moniter

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

Brand new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

Have camera and motion sensa active just cant get into settings because of user name and password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To reset the password ***** your Swann DVR will require using some software.

Here is the reset process:

http://support.swann.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2820509-dvrx-1590-1600-4575-4780-4980-and-nvrx-7450-password-reset

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------