Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have an ITI security system that i turned off

Customer Question
local/regional central office monitoring a...
I have an ITI security system that i turned off local/regional central office monitoring a couple years ago. When the techs disconnected it, they left the chime turned on. Now it's 'alarming' every few mins.The service owner is being borderline rude and even though I'd pay for it, won't come out to fix it. How do I turn off the 'phone failure' alarm?I've found a couple of manuals online although not 100% sure they are correct for my system as it only says ITI.Thx!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you have a code for the system, that has a sufficient privilege level to change the 'chime' setting, then you need to do this:

(Note: the model # of the system box is really needed to do this for sure, but this can be tried...)

enter your 4-digit code

then the 9 (for Chime) button

and that will turn CHIME off on some systems.

Let me know if that works... and if it does not work, please find out the system box's model, and/or its maker e.g. Honeywell, etc., and I will give you advice that should work properly.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)