Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Why would I have crackling in my sp4 heads. They are new. I…

Customer Question
Why would I have...

Why would I have crackling in my sp4 heads

Technician's Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SP4?

They are new

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I tried a crossover and also connecting them to just the amp. Used different cords

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Is anyone here
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

It may be that the heads are dirty and need cleaning.
Have the heads been cleaned recently?

They are brand new
The amp and the mixer are all new also

Do the tapes play ok elsewhere without crackling?

but some songs dontcrackandsome do. But they are fine on different sprakers

Ok, so the problem is with the speakers?

Have you checked the speaker wiring to ensure it is securely connected, with no stray wires or shorts?