Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have a Samsung sde 40001n system and forgot the password.

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung sde 40001n system and forgot the password. I just hooked it up after about 6 months or so. The password ***** 4321 doesn't work, so I need to reset it.

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

DVR only

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

Second hand. No. Work for a restaurant that got bought out and the system was already here

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the manual and unit in front of me if that helps

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Answered in 6 days by:
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No. I purchased a new unit when I could not get an answer.