Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I cannot get into my system. I forgot the password. Liview…

Customer Question
I cannot get into...

I cannot get into my system. I forgot the password

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Liview 8CH Channel CCTV DVR Home Video 600tvl Outdoor Indoor Security Camera System bought last year sept 19

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I can't reset the system or the password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know how to get past the login. I forgot the password ***** I can't reset the system to factory settings

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I cannot get into my cctv system. I had reset the password ***** the admin to something else and cannot remember what it was. I just wanna factory reset my whole system and start over. Please tell me you know a way. I cannot use admin and no password. I changed that trying to out think someone who could do that too. It's labelled so on the case of the unit, user name:admin password:*leave blank*

Unfortunately, you would need to contact Lightinthebox.com for a reset since you cannot use the default information. The bad news is that they do not have a phone number listed and they do not have the past reviews. Have you tried to reach out to them?

I have tried to speak to them an they have said the instructions are with the package, and emailed me the same instructions. There's no information on how to factory reset it. I've already found all that out. I was hoping there was some other way

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any other steps than the factory reset instructions using the default settings that you changed.

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!