Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

Can i get a new ademco model no5804bd for the 2430 coincell

Customer Question
battery and at what cost,franklindozier...
can i get a new ademco model no5804bd for the 2430 coincell battery and at what cost,franklindozier 7120 ironwood av. gary in 46403
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ademco model no5804bd 15 years?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: keypad shows low battery with a beep,about a week,key chain for car works fine.
JA: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Security Systems
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the 2430 disc-shaped lithium battery is what you are looking for, they are sold everyplace, perhaps even in drugstores (last I checked, that may have changed) and also from these two pages among others:

https://www.staples.com/duracellreg-2430-lithium-battery-1-pack/product_448696?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:448696&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=448696&KPID=448696&cvosrc=PLA.google-SALES.Cleaning%20Supplies%20%26%20Facilities%20Maintenance&cvo_crid=226784367492&cvo_campaign=954914104&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0JWYkLXE1wIVG57ACh2VowXIEAQYAiABEgIYyPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Energizer-2016-3-Volt-Electronic-Watch-Battery-2-Pack-2016BP-2/202547257?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cVF%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA%7c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0JWYkLXE1wIVG57ACh2VowXIEAQYASABEgJz2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKLAqqS1xNcCFY0IDAodlnEG0w

and by the way, that 'low battery' message more likely refers to a problem such as:

1. the big power battery inside the alarm system box is either run down - check the power connection to that alarm system, and its circuit breaker status! - or

2. the big power battery inside the system box, might simply have failed.

It is usually a lead-acid battery, rather on the lines of a motorcycle battery, and if it turns out you need that replaced, let me know, and I will advise you further as to what to do.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the hand held case that holds the battery with 3 buttons one panic red button one stay button one off button one away button ive already bought 2 cell coins batteries cant give you arate until you ve answered my question i gave you the model number.
Russell H., Service Tech