Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Can't access menu because I forgot password. Dvr4-4575 not…

Customer Question
Can't access menu because...

Can't access menu because I forgot password

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Dvr4-4575 not even 3 months old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I changed the password ***** default and I can't remember it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric Billings, President replied 8 months ago
Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience: I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.

You will need to call the DVR manufacturer if you don't have contact with the installing company. Most of the time the alarm company installing the system will program a master password ***** themselves, otherwise you will need to contact the DVR manufacturer for help. They will probably need you to verify that you own the unit (it is security after all), some manufacturers will ask you to send them the DVR to unlock it and give you a new master password ***** some can help you over the phone or chat functions. Please try this link for thier help. http://support.swann.com/customer/portal/articles/2833919-contact-us

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,