Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I cannot get to my menu. It will not take my login. Old ref…

Customer Question
I cannot get to...

I cannot get to my menu. It will not take my login. Old ref no. is 170717-000014

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Hold on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the third time I hadproblems with it. let me get model for you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

Model qth41

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric Billings, President replied 8 months ago
Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience: I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.

You will need to contact the DVR manufacturer if you don't have contact with the installing company. Most of the time the alarm company installing the system will program a master password ***** themselves, otherwise you will need to contact the DVR manufacturer for help. They will probably need you to verify that you own the unit (it is security after all), some manufacturers will ask you to send them the DVR to unlock it and give you a new master password. Try contacting the support team at the link listed below, they should have the ability to get you into your system and resolve your issue.

Live Chat (M-F, 9-5 PST)

www.Q-See.com/Support

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,