Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Acutally, we have an old Ademco fire system that we need to…

Customer Question
Acutally, we have an...

Acutally, we have an old Ademco fire system that we need to replace the smoke detectors. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The panel is a Vista AMT about 15 years old. Do you know if a 5806 W3 wireless smoke detector will work with this?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We need to replace the smoke detectors

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Answered in 2 days by:
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric Billings, President replied 5 months ago
Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience: I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.

I would seriously doubt that the 5806 would be compatible but I would need some additional information from you first. What is the model of the original smoke detectors you are replacing and are they wireless? The Vista portion of your description sounds accurate but the AMT designation is not a Honeywell/Ademco product number, if you open the main control panel and look on the inside of the door you should see the diagram and the model number is ***** on the bottom of that large sticker.

Regards,

To-Shay
To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering